When are you open?
Silk’s is open for lunch and dinner every day in the course of a normal week.
- Lunch is served from 12pm every day (last new orders by 2.30pm).
- Dinner is served from 6pm every night (last new orders by 9pm).
- Please check with us about public holidays.
- We close every year for a short holiday in late January/early February.
Why do we need to book?
Always book – it’s often essential and it’s always a good idea as it allows us to look after you properly. We don’t enjoy turning intending diners away, but sometimes we have to!
So just pick up the phone, we can usually confirm your plans instantly.
Do we need to bring our own wine?
We are not BYO. This policy allows us to offer substantially lower prices than many guests expect of a quality restaurant, as it ensures that we turn our stock.
Can we bring our children to Silk's?
Absolutely! We believe it's never too early to introduce children to good food and service. They're very welcome. However, parents please note that minimum charges and minimum orders apply to all diners - except babies - for evenings and Sunday lunch.
We don’t have a children’s menu but we're happy to negotiate with them to find something they'll relish, tailored to their taste, using available ingredients. A high-chair is available (please mention when booking if you need to reserve it), we also provide coloured pencils to occupy any budding Picasso with the butcher's paper on the table-top.
Silk’s provides a wonderful venue for groups, whether for a corporate event, a special celebration or simply friends getting together. We can accommodate groups of up to 50 guests, and we are happy to provide exclusive use of our dining room if required.
Working with you, we devise an event which runs smoothly and efficiently, but which also has a great atmosphere. Many of our corporate and private clients return regularly, as they have found that our famous attention to detail ensures the success of each function.
Please contact us for more information on our function arrangements - we’re here to help.
A Silk’s voucher might be the ideal solution for that hard-to-find gift or special thank you.
- you decide how much you wish to spend (minimum $50)
- we tailor the voucher to your wishes and include your own special message
- we use quality hand-made paper, perfect for giving (can’t be emailed)
- valid for 36 months from issue date
- each voucher is a single use document and we cannot give change on it
The fastest way to organise a voucher is to phone us, but you are also welcome to start the process by using our online order form.